Orthodontics is a specialized branch of dentistry that treats malocclusion- imperfect positioning of the teeth when the jaws are closed.
About 80% of adolescents and 65% of adults have malocclusion in some form. This results in teeth being crooked and misaligned, and the upper and lower teeth may not match up correctly.
It is never too late to improve your smile and bite! With so many advancements in orthodontics we can treat all types of cases utilizing our high-tech treatment methods. Getting orthodontic care can help you achieve the following:
- Closing gaps in between teeth
- Aligning the tips and roots of the teeth
- Straightening crooked teeth
- Straightening rotated teeth
- Improving speech
- Improving chewing ability
- Improving long-term oral health of teeth and gums
- Preventing long-term damage or trauma of teeth
- Treating an improper bite